Student Advisory Board
The mission of the Student Advisory Board is to include student voice and perspectives in statewide policy decisions. Additionally, including student voice at the local level is a critical component of the mission of Graduation Matters Montana. Twenty-six communities currently have Graduation Matters initiatives, and several additional communities are expected to launch initiatives this year.
The Spring Summit will be held April 29-30 in Helena. More details to come!
Josiah Anderson- Hobson HS
Justin Anninos-Rippy- Great Falls HS
Chloe Autio- Hellgate HS
Larry Bratke- Bozeman HS
Brittany Brown- Big Sky HS
Cory Buckley- Paris Gibson
Anna Deleray- Glacier HS
Michael Devlin- Polson HS
Simon Doney- Fergus HS
Sophia Echeverio- Stevensville HS
Caleb Fickas- Noxon HS
Shelbi Fitzpatrick- Cut Bank HS
Khyree Harper- Laurel HS
LoRae Hartman- Hobson HS
Xander Heyneman- Absarokee HS
Stacia Hil- Big Sky HS
Layne Johnson- Froid HS
Tayler Korb- CM Russell HS
Alexander Linse- Laurel HS
Reed Lone Fight- Bozeman HS
Kylie Lutes- Park HS
Meg Maclean- Hamilton HS
Natalie McAlpine- Valier HS
Mikealla Newton- Troy HS
Morgan Obert-Cain- Broadwater HS
Charity Ratliff- Hardin HS
Marcus Richards- Victor HS
Dakota Running Crane- Browning HS
Sharidan Russell- Polson HS
Tucker Shea- Lone Peak HS
Kathryn Stein- Lincoln Co HS
Ryan Vicek- Alberton HS
Eric Wakeland- PAL
Walt Zeimer- Wibaux County HS
2013 - 2014 Student Advisory Board Nomination
Thank you for your interest in the 2013- 2014 State Superintendent’s Student Advisory Board. The nomination process is now open. There are two steps to the nomination process. First, an adult (high school administrator, guidance counselor, teacher, or community member) must nominate a student. Nominators can nominate up to two students. Second, the nominee must fill out an application.
The nominator’s application AND the student’s application must be submitted to OPI by Friday, May 17, 2013. We will notify new SAB members and their nominators through email on Wednesday, May 22, 2013. If you have any questions, please contact Abby Coburn at 444-5643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Guidelines: We are looking for a Student Advisory Board comprised of students who:
- Are currently enrolled in a Montana public high school,
- Represent a mix of high schools in both urban and rural locations,
- Have overcome obstacles,
- Represent an even mix of gender, and
- Represent a mix of all high school grade levels.
To nominate a student to serve on the SAB, please click here.
If you are a student who has been nominated, please click here.
- Best viewed in Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer 8+
- If you are having trouble viewing the movie, click the 'Download/View' button
- To save this movie to your computer, right-click on the 'Download/View' link below and choose 'save as', 'save target as' or 'download as' (language varies from browser to browser)
I Pledge to graduate
I Pledge Drawing winners
Each month, we will be holding a random drawing for a free iPod Touch, donated by Optimum Cable, and five $25 gas cards. Students who have taken the pledge to graduate are eligible for the drawing. Take the pledge today!
Thank you Optimum for donating 12 iPods to support Graduation Matters Montana and students across the state who are taking the pledge to graduate.
- January Winners
- iPod Touch: Simon, Paris Gibson Education Center, Great Falls
- Town Pump $25 Gift Certificates: Gina, Great Falls High School; Nicole CM Russell High School, Great Falls; Jared, Joliet Middle School, Bozeman; Shaylin, CM Russell High School, Great Falls; Breanna, Great Falls High School